Food Regulations was [Sca-cooks] Re:Cheese Question

Mon Jun 23 11:11:51 PDT 2003

You should take a look at the Medieval food regulations.  Most of them are

The modern (U.S.) Federal food regulations that started appearing in the
19th Century were originally enacted to prevent public endangerment from
fraud or improper commercial practice.  These were expanded to help resolve
other health problems such as the spread of tuberculosis from dairy cattle
to humans.  While some of the regs are of the "for their own good variety,"
most of them are a mechanism for determining responsibility and proper
response.

Bear