[Sca-cooks] dealing with cooks neurosis

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jun 26 08:50:28 PDT 2003

Ok, how do YOU handle it when someone criticises the way you run your
kitchen? I did a breakfast recently that was whipping right along--
everything except the eggs had some food out 1/2 an hour before the
breakfast was supposed to start, but unfortunately everyone got up early
*grin*. Anyway, at one point there was a spill in the kitchen and I sent
the spiller to ask the someone to get me a few more bodies temporarily.
The someone told me later that she felt that when she came into the
kitchen at that I had 'lost control of the kitchen.'

Now, I've talked with other kitchen people and other cooks, and we suspect
that this was a combination of kitchen inexperience, crowded kitchen, a
problem with finding supplies that had haunted the event, and the someone
being a little overwhelmed in general.

But how do you know if it went well, if the kitchen was running well?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"What don't die can't live. What don't live can't change. What don't
change can't learn." -- Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_