[Sca-cooks] Brass & Copper Pitchers

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Jun 1 09:20:41 PDT 2003

> My husband bought me the most wonderful brass and copper pitcher at a garage
> sale yesterday for fifty cents. I of course think that it would be perfect
> for using as a water or juice pitcher for events. I of course am also
> thinking that I may be poisoning myself and others if I do. Would it be
> better for me to just set it outside amongst all my plants and go "look at
> my pretty" to everyone? And how do you safely (without pitting the metal)
> remove paint from copper or brass? Some moron decided to make it look old
> and painted it green.

If you can get the paint off, I would suggest using it for ritual
handwashing at the beginning of the meal. Metal pitchers tend to make
water taste metallic but that doesn't matter with ritual handwashing...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." -- James Quinn