[Sca-cooks] Asian supermarkets [mostly OOP]

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jun 2 05:24:36 PDT 2003

There are several guides to Asian vegetables that might prove helpful, if
you have the opportunity to shop for fresh produce.
Also there is Linda Bladholm's The Asian Grocery Store Demystified
among others which is a guide to take along.

I usually investigate various types of untried brands of rice in small bags before buying
the large economy bags. Also if you are into fish sauces, most offer
a wide variety of those. Some markets offer a good selection of inexpensive
trays and dishes that are nice to have. Also check out the various cookbooks
and garnishing books. Some of those, even if non-English, provide ideas and instructions
that can be followed.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway