[Sca-cooks] Asian supermarkets [mostly OOP]

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sun Jun 1 18:20:16 PDT 2003

Hi Selene,
What a great list of ingredients you came up with!  (I will have to start a
new file. )   :-)

I don't know if you've ever heard of Wegman's supermarkets. They are a New
York State based chain. Great place! They have wonderful international
departments full of all kinds of interesting foods.  I was asking about
Chinese markets because they have even more interesting stuff, stuff I've
never seen or heard of and I was wondering what to look for in that
situation.

I was a cellophane packet of dried stuff that looked like dried sea horses
and had a picture of a sea horse on the front.....

When I was looking for jarred cilantro, all the staff was very nice to me,
but most could not speak English enough to help me. I finally found a high
school kid that spoke both Chinese and English.....

Well, thanks again for that great list of food stuffs.
Phillipa