[Sca-cooks] Rice (was: Castellan Feast, 2003...LONG)

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jun 2 14:27:04 PDT 2003

Amanda Blackwolf wrote:

>Actually, it worked out perfectly. Next time, I'll just use a better rice. ...

It is worth, before a feast, testing the actual variety of rice you
are going to use in the feast. There was one occasion we were doing a
small feast out of our own kingdom, with the (very helpful) local
people doing the shopping in advance. I hadn't thought to specify
type of rice, and they bought a kind I wasn't familiar with. I didn't
get the water-to-rice ration quite right and, as I remember, that was
the one thing in the feast that didn't come out very well.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook