[Sca-cooks] Kitchenware, was: Re:Too many books

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Jun 5 09:47:49 PDT 2003

At 09:10 AM 6/5/2003,Jim Fox-Davis said something like:
>Now Æduin wants us to get a Hobart mixer.  [sigh]  As much as I like
>-having- all this stuff, putting it away is a real challenge.  I mean,
>all the cake-decorating supplies we bought for the classes we took
>earlier this year are in yet another large plastic tub in the kitchen.
>
>We need more room!
>
>Jared

YES!! So I am not the lone person who has Too Much Good Stuff.  I have
ended up taking one of those particle board cabinets that I had bought for
one of the kids a couple decades ago, and parked it in a corner of a
stairwell, and filled it with small appliances (and more).  It has run out
of space. I still have more stuff I want though!!   If you get a hobart, we
could like, you know, split custody?  I'd be willing to pay hobart
support.  I have burned out three of the Oster Kitchen Centers, they are
lovely practical items, but they REALLY need a motor that will stand up to
feast preps for a barony.

As to books? I have a string of 3 seven foot book cases as a room divider
in my living room. I am not too worried about people futzing with them, as
they are quite full, top to bottom. The rest of the walls in that room are
mostly covered in bookcases too. Each child has their own six foot bookcase
(sometimes more than one).  I give them 5 years after moving out to get
their books from my house, or i _WILL_ (probably/maybe) discard them.  And,
the kids know which shelves are cookbooks, and which bookcases are just
cookbooks.  Mixing things in there dooms the non-cookbooks item to
disappear into a black hole, forever.

I need more books. Yes. I do. Really.

Regards,
Maggie