[Sca-cooks] Kitchenware, was: Re:Too many books

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:53:13 PDT 2003

>I'm beginning to think we have a kitchenware museum.  We inherited most
>of the kitchen items and cookbooks when Selene's Pelican, Mistress
>Catriona nicChlurain, passed away.  We inherited a bunch of entertaining
>and serving pieces, and a bunch of wonderful Portugese linens, when her
>Aunt Evelyn passed away.  Then there's Selene's attraction to "bright,
>shiny objects" and new kitchen gadgets.
>
>In addition to the five six-foot tall bookshleves of just the cookbooks,
>four of which are in the kitchen, and the bookshelf full of spices and
>teas next to the fridge, we have three four-shelf racks of stuff (big
>stock pots, pans, racks, trays, etc.) and four extra plastic bins all
>out in the garage.
>
>Now Æduin wants us to get a Hobart mixer.  [sigh]  As much as I like
>-having- all this stuff, putting it away is a real challenge.  I mean,
>all the cake-decorating supplies we bought for the classes we took
>earlier this year are in yet another large plastic tub in the kitchen.
>
>We need more room!
>
>Jared

Trust me Jared, more room doesn't help.  I live in one giant room (900 sq ft
/ 22 foot high ceilings).  I have walls of totes with some of everything
from Christmas decorations to my kids nutcracker collection.  I currently
have 7 sewing machines living there (and I don't sew), I have an eight foot
table set up in the kitchen area (with about of foot of useable space on
it), a steam table, a commercial bread rack, a foozball table, a stainless
flatbed trolley, two pavillions plus poles, three tents, a 15 foot
woodworking bench, a four foot lampworking table, four cats, a temporary
roommate and her stuff, etc etc.  Half the stuff isn't even mine!!
Trust me, you get extra space and everyone lets their stuff live there....
Olwen who is happy she has a really large winerack!