[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for camp food...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 9 14:43:10 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> I must admit this is a new one on me; and I've seen a lot of 'interesting'
> dietary restrictions and preferences.

Yeah, it's an odd one for me, too. I love fresh meats, and like ham and
bacon, but I'm not a big fan of either salt or sugar- they're ever-used in
the Amercan diet- although the inly foods
I avoid with a passion are bell peppers, licorice flavors, and of course
poorly prepared foods. But, different strokes....

> When I'm out in the field and know I'm not going to have time to cook, I
> usually do some form of roast beast ahead of time and grab bits as time
and
> attention allow.   About the only item along these lines that sounds like
it
> would be palatable to your companion, though, would be some sort of ham.
> Maybe a smoked pork shoulder with a spicy glaze?

That might be an idea...

> Other make-ahead and reheat foods that might be somewhat compatible with
the
> various restrictions expressed:
>
> Zwiebelkuchen, or other bacon, onion, and cheese-type tart.

Recipe, please?

> Jambalaya
> Chili
> Any of a dozen different variants on beans 'n rice or pork 'n beans.
> Specific suggestions on request....
>
> Sounds like quite an adventure.  Good luck.
>
> -Lorenz

OK, thanks for the thoughts.

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.