[Sca-cooks] Sekajabin

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 10 04:40:14 PDT 2003

> What other combinations do other people use?

Our favorite is half peppermint and half spearmint -- I use dried leaves as
I don't have access to enough fresh mint. And we mix it very light, 1 part
syrup to 15 or 16 parts water. Which I learned from someone up in Bright
Hills, thank you!

> I made a batch the other day with lemon balm, and it tasted vile. I
haven't
figured out what I did wrong.

The all-lemon-balm batch may have tasted vile because (a) lemon balm by
itself can be a very odd flavor anyway and/or, if it was fresh, (b) the
stuff has hybridized with something else in your yard.

Cynara