[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for camp food...

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Tue Jun 10 07:45:26 PDT 2003

We've done that sort of thing, but I'm trying to minimize extra work, and
still feed us both.

***Another thing that might be fairly easy is to do a soup with chicken
thighs, vegetables, and a grain.  You wouldn't need to bone the thighs in
advance, and the large bones would be easy to pull out of the soup bowl.

***How much of a challenge would it be to deal with fish at the site?  If
that's workable, a fish and vegetable boil could be fairly easy, especially
if you used a bag of frozen shrimp.

***If you can do healthy fats rather than fats empty of nutrition, a handful
of nuts and dried fruits might help keep you going.

***In my earlier post about having a hearty nutritious bread, I was thinking
that for a weekend event, baking it at home and taking it would save lots of
time.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net