[Sca-cooks] RANT - OT and OOP - Just letting off steam

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Thu Jun 12 07:42:16 PDT 2003

Ah the joys of bureaucracy!

Soffya Appollonia Tudja
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
three fleur-de-lys Or

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Anne duBosc
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 7:10 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Sca-cooks] RANT - OT and OOP - Just letting off steam

I spent a most unrewarding day today courtesy of the US Veteran's Affairs
Administration.
I needed a medical certification from the VA hospital in order to get a
leave of absence from work.  I had completed my part of it about a month ago
and faxed it to Daddy's care provider to complete and return to my boss.
I was awakened this morning around 7 AM by the personnel office calling to
say they'd never received it.  I sent e-mail to my boss, and he confirmed
that he had not received it.  I called the VA, and they had no record of
receiving it.  So down to the VA hospital to sit around cooling my heels at
the Release of Information office.  After about a 45 minute wait, I was sent
to the Medical Records office to sit and wait.  After the clerk there
returned from a two hour lunch, I waited an hour and a half for her to tell
me I needed a new release of information form, since they had lost the one I
signed last month.  Down the hall to get the form signed.  Got the form
signed, and the clerk then tells me that they have no record of receiving
the medical certificate forms.  Down the hall, out of that building, into
another building, to the clinic to wait to talk to Daddy's care provider.
She had received the fax, and had recorded that she'd sent the form on to
Release of Information to send
 to me.  Down the hall, out of that building, into the first building and
back to the first stop on the merry-go-round.  They have no record of having
received it.
I have my copy at home, can I go home and get it and bring it in to be
signed?  Yes, but they will be closing for the day in about 10 minutes, so I
will have to return tomorrow morning.
When I got home, I had received e-mail from my boss saying they'd faxed the
form to him about the time I was arguing with them about whether or not they
had received it.
Total time wasted: 6 hours.
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ! ! !

Mordonna