[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks/Resources: where to find these?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jun 23 17:06:53 PDT 2003

Choose an event where there is a good university library
and go to the library during the event. Speculum would be
on the shelf at most academic libraries, but check in advance.

Did you talk to the head of the library locally? Can they provide
any leads to getting the book?  Du Manuscrit was a Canadian
publication. Talk to the person with the actual Library degree and
not the clerk at the desk. Tell them that you are willing to pay for
the xeroxing if they can order the papers.

The other way to do it is contact a University Library and just order
Speculum copies that way. You can search the used book market for
Du Manuscrit on www.bookfinder.com. It shows that Joe Carlin at
Food heritage Press has a copy at $45.00 USD or $61.16 Canadian.
 Homepage:   http://www.foodbooks.com

Joe is good to work with and you can drop a lot of money picking out
items he has for sale.

Hope this helps.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Cera Chonaill wrote:>Interlibrary Loan?
Not an option for these references unfortunately. Darn, I knew there would
be a downside to living in a small town in the middle of nowhere Ontario.
Our library systems doesn't seem to get books from the university libraries
that may have the references.
Besides I would like to get myself hard copies, thus buy them. Any leads?