[Sca-cooks] Ahhh...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jun 24 18:20:16 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> I know that the "craze" for me is that they are some of the most well
> written kids books that I have read since I was a kid. They are written
from
> the perspective of a kid, without treating the kids that are reading it as
> "little ones" incapable of understanding anything more than "See Jane
run."
> They are like the best of the kids books that I read when I was about ten,
> eleven or so. They assume that since you picked up the book, and had
gotten
> past the first page without running in fear from the icky big words, then
> you were obviously up to the task of reading it, so why talk down to you.
> And it's a rip roaring good read to! I resisted the craze right up til the
> first movie came out, then I decided that I should at least read the first
> book, since I've got three kids now and would be innundated with the
darned
> thing! Funny thing is, the kids could care less about it, I'm the one that
> got hooked. I'm luckier than a lot of people on this list, I don't have to
> share the book with anyone!
>

> Leah A. Montgomery
> SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira

I've got to agree, all. When I read a book, I like a good story, and Harry
Potter's adventures are some of the best stories I've ever read. It's a
lovely combination of magic and fantasy, and gentle British satire, allowing
me to joyfully suspend my disbelief, well written and very pleasant.

I had not intended to get my (reserved) copy until today, at the mall where
I work, but Andrew bought me one when he got his, escaping from the event
Saturday, and, although I've been busy, I've finally finished it. Oreder of
the Phoenix is just as well written and pleasurable as all the rest in the
series- very much a series to be cherished.

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,