[Sca-cooks] Ahhh...

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 04:36:09 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/24/2003 10:31:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
a5foil at ix.netcom.com writes:

> To demonstrate how good they are -- When the first book came out, my (then
> 70)father read a review of it and called to ask if he thought my daughter
> (then turning 10)would like a copy for her birthday. I said yes, and he went
> out and got the book. And *then* he called and said he would send it -- just
> as soon as he finished reading it himself. My father almost never reads
> novels, and *absolutely* never reads juvie fantasy

I got my mother hooked on them by loaning her the first book, and have taken
her to both movies.  My mother is 75...When she had two knee replacements done
over this past winter, she took my copy of the fourth one to the hospital
with her.
I resisted the urge to check them out for years, until my husband finally got
the audiobook of the first one and insisted I listen to it on a long car
trip...now I'm hooked.  I highly recommend the audiobooks, by the way; they are
read by Jim Dale, who is simply fantastic.  He does different voices for all the
characters and you can tell who is talking just by the voice.

Brangwayna