[Sca-cooks] Changes to the list format

Randy Goldberg MD goldbergr1 at cox.net
Thu Jun 26 08:09:24 PDT 2003

> > Over the past two days about half of my copies of the list have been
> > coming in what looks like a new/different HTML format.  I have not
> > changed my preferences or settings at all.  The "new" list
> > has a mottled
> > light-blue background, and the text within different messages can be
> > different sizes and fonts.  When I open one of these new-format
> > messages, it hangs my entire machine.  I can scroll down and
> > look at the
> > messge, but I cannot do any other function within my mail server
> > (Netscape Messenger 6.2.1) and I cannot get out of my mail
> > server to any
> > other application.  If I try to delete the message, nothing happens.
> > However, if I close the mail server and then re-open it, the deleted
> > message is gone and I can function again.  This is ONLY
> > happening with
> > cooks list messages - no other messages - and only part of the time.
> >  What's going on here?

ONE user is sending messages in HTML format with backgrounds and font
settings. Somewhere along the way, these codes are NOT being stripped. I'm
not sure who the offender is - when next I see such a message, I will bring
it to Papa's attention for appropriate action.

Avraham

Reb Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
stupidity. "Silverwing's Laws"