[Sca-cooks] dealing with cooks neurosis

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 26 09:34:57 PDT 2003

:chuckle:  You can never please everyone.  If the food went out in a timely
manner; if there was food available the entire time it was supposed to be;
if the food was not only edible but delicious; if your *staff* felt it all
went well; if you felt ok about everything (except one comment) afterwards;
etc.  Don't worry too much about the impressions of folks on the outside,
consider the Marshall's advice on sideline's quarterbacks ("That blow was
good!  He's a rhino!") 'You can't see it very well from over there, my
vantage point is much better and this is how I see it'.
I'm sure it went fine, or you would know about it.  We always laugh that we
get comments that range from "That went so fast!" to "Could you have taken
any longer to get the food out?" - and equally opposite views on any number
of topics.  As long as the vast majority are happy, you are happy, and the
autocrat is happy, you have done your job well.
Christianna