[Sca-cooks] dealing with cooks neurosis

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 26 21:45:53 PDT 2003

Althea commented:
> Ahhhh..now, I said *kitchen*....last Nov my Lord and I handled an Event
> where the oven caught fire...we put it out, and together with a few
> rather
> smart Gents made some truly Medieval ways of cooking the rest of the
> Feast,
> and carried on.
>
> We personally refer to it as the 'St Andrews Where Everything That
> Could Go Wrong Did Event'...
>
> But there was good food, and plenty of it, and everyone was fed, happy,
> And no one got sick afterwards.
>
> So, it was okay...but it looked pretty chaotic there for a bit...
More details please. I'm always looking for tales of SCA kitchen
disasters, especially ones where the cooks did manage to overcome the
obstacles. They can be entertaining reads and they hopefully let
nervous cooks know it could be worse and perhaps the solutions in them
will help folks if they do find themselves in a similar situation.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com