[Sca-cooks] Ahhh...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Jun 27 07:41:40 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 10:23  AM, Leah A. Montgomery wrote:

>> Um, no. Actually it has them wondering what the h**l all this has to
>> do with Aristotle. Note that even among the luminaries in that field,
>> neither Zosimus nor Paracelsus are considered famous philosophers.
>> How about Roger Bacon? Albertus Magus? No? Even when you know what a
>> Philosopher's Stone is, it doesn't alter the fact that it is, in
>> itself, a misnomer, having much more to do with alchemy than with
>> ontology.
>>
>> Adamantius
>
> Hey!! I take umbrage at that remark! I've known who all these guys are
> since my early teen years! Ah, gotta love John Bellairs! I think it
> was Albertus Magnus and Roger Bacon in "The Face in the Frost". Been
> to many years.

I'm a Saint-Germain man, myself... but what _we_ know doesn't really
change the truth of my statement... these people are clearly famous,
just not the first people you think of when the Inquiring Photographer
asks you on the street to name a philosopher. Unless you're of a very
unusual (and arguably deficient) mindset and edumacashun. Now if one
were asked to name an alchemist, it would be different, and I wouldn't
expect anybody to name Aristotle at the head of that list, unless,
well, see previous.

Adamantius, Proud Pedant