[Sca-cooks] Ahhh...

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:23:18 PDT 2003

>Um, no. Actually it has them wondering what the h**l all this has to do
>with Aristotle. Note that even among the luminaries in that field, neither
>Zosimus nor Paracelsus are considered famous philosophers. How about Roger
>Bacon? Albertus Magus? No? Even when you know what a Philosopher's Stone
>is, it doesn't alter the fact that it is, in itself, a misnomer, having
>much more to do with alchemy than with ontology.
>
>Adamantius

Hey!! I take umbrage at that remark! I've known who all these guys are since
my early teen years! Ah, gotta love John Bellairs! I think it was Albertus
Magnus and Roger Bacon in "The Face in the Frost". Been to many years.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com