[Sca-cooks] Ahhh...

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:54:17 PDT 2003

>I'm a Saint-Germain man, myself... but what _we_ know doesn't really change
>the truth of my statement... these people are clearly famous, just not the
>first people you think of when the Inquiring Photographer asks you on the
>street to name a philosopher. Unless you're of a very unusual (and arguably
>deficient) mindset and edumacashun. Now if one were asked to name an
>alchemist, it would be different, and I wouldn't expect anybody to name
>Aristotle at the head of that list, unless, well, see previous.
>
>Adamantius, Proud Pedant

Ahhh...true, very true. BUT, you were talking about the Philosopher's Stone!
Now if someone came up to me and asked me to name someone connected with the
Philospher's Stone, I'd have to figure out which one I wanted to choose,
Bacon, Magnus, or even St. Germain. (Another one that I learned about from
fiction!)

Finding that I am a bit of a pedant myself.
Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com