[Sca-cooks] feathered emergencies

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Jun 27 09:54:32 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 12:40  PM, Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

>>> Bugs in drag is such a scream...
>>
>> I have long maintained that Mr. Bunny is actually a gay man. He often
>> dresses in drag, his speech is flamey enough to cook on,
>
> Hey now, my father has the same Brooklyn sound and he's not flamey!

Mel Blanc always asserted that Bugs' speech was mostly Bronx, with only
a hint of Brooklyn.

>> he frequently
>> kisses both Elmer and Yosemite Sam, AND he's a talented stylist; he
>> can do
>> hair, nails and clothes with the best of them.
>>
>> <grinning, ducking and running VERY VERY fast>
>> Avraham
>
> Possibly but not necessarily.  Feminized actions have been a
> comedy standby for centuries.  For instance, you could
> say much the same about Milton Berle and Robin Williams,
> neither of whom was gay.

I'm sure Bugs is sufficiently secure in his masculinity that he doesn't
feel threatened by such gestures. If he's gay, he's very butch. Now
I've always suspected Popeye was gay, with that whole "yam wot I yam"
thing... maybe it's the uniform.

Adamantius