[Sca-cooks] feathered emergencies

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 10:15:57 PDT 2003

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:

> >> I have long maintained that Mr. Bunny is actually a gay man. He often
> >> dresses in drag, his speech is flamey enough to cook on,
> >
> > Hey now, my father has the same Brooklyn sound and he's not flamey!
>
> Mel Blanc always asserted that Bugs' speech was mostly Bronx, with only
> a hint of Brooklyn.

That hint was enough.  I never thought that Bugs nor Fred Flintstone had
accents until
the family moved in Los Angeles in 1966.  <g>

> >> he frequently
> >> kisses both Elmer and Yosemite Sam, AND he's a talented stylist; he
> >> can do
> >> hair, nails and clothes with the best of them.
> >>
> >> <grinning, ducking and running VERY VERY fast>
> >> Avraham
> >
> > Possibly but not necessarily.  Feminized actions have been a
> > comedy standby for centuries.  For instance, you could
> > say much the same about Milton Berle and Robin Williams,
> > neither of whom was gay.
>
> I'm sure Bugs is sufficiently secure in his masculinity that he doesn't
> feel threatened by such gestures. If he's gay, he's very butch. Now
> I've always suspected Popeye was gay, with that whole "yam wot I yam"
> thing... maybe it's the uniform.

Hello, Sailor!  "I am what I am, and what I am, is an illusion..."  oh well,
"La Cage aux Folles" is probably a better thing to get stuck in my head than
many other jingles, n'est-ce pas?

Selene