[SCA-cooks] OT, OOP: TV Theme songs, Was "feathered emergencies"

Randy Goldberg MD goldbergr1 at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 11:52:54 PDT 2003

> > Actually, I can sing more of "The Bill Song" than I can of "Conjunction
> > Junction", which has always been one of my LEAST favorite SHR tunes.
>
> Am I to assume "The Bill Song" is something to do with laws, and not
> the Kern/Wodehouse song inserted variously into some productions of
> "Showboat"?

Since we were discussing SchoolHouse Rock, the song in question is:

I'm just a Bill, yes, I'm only a Bill,
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey to the Capitol city,
It's a long, long wait while I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a Law someday,
'Least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a Bill.

I'm just a Bill, yes, I'm only a Bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well now I'm stuck in committee and I sit here and wait
While a few key congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
Oh, how I hope and pray that they will,
But today I am still just a bill.

I'm just a Bill, yes, I'm only a Bill,
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill,
Well then I'm off to the White House where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills for the President to sign.
And if he signs me then I'll be a law.
Oh, how I hope and pray that he will,
But today I am still just a bill.