[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP: TV Theme songs

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 08:03:49 PDT 2003

>and the words to the Mash theme which incidentally were never sung on the
>TV
>show.
>
>Does anyone recall the theme music to any of Julia Child's  cooking shows?
>
>Daniel

While I don't recall any music from Julia Child's shows (Although I would if
I heard it.) I do recall the words to "Suicide is Painless"

Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

That's what I recall off the top of my head. We had the most wonderful music
teacher when we were in 4th grade, about 1978. She had us sing this, "Mandy"
"Yellow Submarine", and told us what it was about. I'm still wondering why
none of the parents said anything about a bunch of 4th graders singing the
song "Suicide is Painless". Must have been the drugs they were on.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com