[Sca-cooks] Food items?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 28 14:22:11 PDT 2003

AEllin commented:
> Besides, they had  Rice Dishes - meat and
> vegetables over rice with tea and sometimes a small bowl of noodle
> soup.
> Tax and tip included hovering close to $5.00. Can't beat that. It's
> good, too.
It's not easy to find a good meal in Austin for that price today, much
less some place like New York.
> I am now the proud possessor of sliced dried galangale. I remember a
> discussion of the impossibility of grinding dry hunks of the stuff, and
> presume that's why it is sliced very thin. Now I need to figure out
> what
> I am going to do with this.
You might try this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the
Florilegium:
galangale-msg     (19K)  3/23/01    Period use of the spice galangale.
Or go to the top page of the site and use the search engine for recipes
containing galengale.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas