[Sca-cooks] OT silly question, I just noticed something...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sun Jun 29 17:25:39 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 08:05  PM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> What I am finding most unnerving is seeing so
> many messages forwarded from the list that have
> attachments added to them.  Because of all the
> problems with viruses and worms, I am really
> hesitant to open anything that has an attachment.
> But I did open one sent to me.  It was virus and
> worm free, but was just a duplicate of the
> original message.  Now how and why that is
> happening, I have no idea.

Sometimes if you have your mail reader set to receive only plain text
(or to convert to it), you get the original HTML version as an
attachment. I can see how it might be unnerving. My OS/platform seem to
fly below the radar of virus authors, especially now. This may change
when all the XP viruses are ported over...

Adamantius