[Sca-cooks] OT silly question, I just noticed something...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Jun 29 20:32:40 PDT 2003

> > Maire? Huette? Faerisia? You getting any of my last few posts twice? My
> > apologies if so, and I'll try to correct it. But please let me know.
> >
> > Adamantius
> >

> I haven't gotten any messages twice from this list, but I have noticed a
> couple of my replies getting automatically sent to both the list (sometimes
> listed as Cooks within the SCA for some reason) and the original poster - I
> have no idea why.  I'm not very computer savy, so I don't know what setting
> may have changed or where (ie, me or the list).
>
> Faerisa

It's a list setting. I primarily use a fairly basic* mail program (PINE,
as it happens), and it always asks me on any list mail which address I
want to reply to, because that's how I've got my preferences set. Other
mail apps are probably not so discriminating. Most mailing list
processors, if not all (I only have experience with a few of them) can be
set so that the default reply is to the list, to the original poster, or
to both. Most of the more sophisticated mail apps have a similar setting,
but I think it only differentiates between a reply to sender and a reply
to all. I could be wrong, of course, so check your mail app prefs before
you go believing me whole cloth.

The address nick is also primarily a list setting, that needs to be
changed by the list admin.

Margaret, married to a mail server admin

*I suppose technically it's really rather sophisticated, given the
control you have over what goes on, but the interface is about as basic as
you can get.