[Sca-cooks] Kosher Turkey Sausage

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 2 06:54:10 PST 2003

There are lots of sausage recipes around.  I have sucessfully replaced beef and/or pork with ground turkey in a lot of places (primarily because of cost). The outcome has been more or less successful.  My next experiment is to use ground turkey to make smoked turkey "Slim Jims," using the seasoning for a pound of ground beef. When I get around to it, I will let you know how it turns out.
Liadan, up to her armpits in tax returns
 "Barbara G. Dodge" <awench1 at cox.net> wrote:I am looking for a source for kosher turkey sausage. One of the members in
my barony (Marinus) keeps a kosher kitchen. She very much would like me to
help her make kosher scotch eggs. The solution was to use kosher eggs, and
kosher turkey sausage, but we have not had any luck in locating a source for
it.

Does anyone know if such a thing is made commercially? If not, does anyone
have a good recipe for sausage that would work with ground turkey?

Felicia