[Sca-cooks] crepes

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Mar 2 13:05:01 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Why do you wish to use a totally dry mix needing only water added?
> Why not just add real eggs? Is it storing the eggs that has you concerned?
There are

> things you can do to keep eggs without refrigeration for a weekend, even a
> week long event.
> THLord Stefan li Rous

Simplicity, Stefan. Having several mixes to which you just add water rather
than having to use specified amounts of water and eggs and whatever else
makes things easier, overall.

Also, if you know a mix uses 1 cup of mix to 1 (or 1/2) cup of water, you
can use a non-standard measure, say, a clean soup can, and get the
proportions right without having to figure out, "Now, do I want to add 3/4
of an egg, or an egg and a half?'

Most camps are not as well (over?) supplied as ours is, Stefan. My earliest
Pennsics, for example, I made do with a smoker grill and a commercial
cooking kit for 4, as well as my stripped down spice mix kit and ate pretty
well, but most people don't really want to rough it.

(Stripped down spice kit- Salt, pepper, sugar, Mrs Dash, Crazy Salt, curry
powder, poultry seasoning, Coarse-cut cayenne pepper, cinnamon, Bisquick,
olive oil, cider vinegar, Worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, low-salt
bouillion cubes, both beef and chicken).

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,