[Sca-cooks] Galen on Food and Diet?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 17 10:51:49 PST 2003

Ok, I finally started reading Galen: On Food and Diet (translation by Mark
Grant).  Of course, I started in the middle, with the book 'on the
properties of foods, book 2' and I really am uncomfortable with the
quality of the translation. (For instance, Galen keeps referring to the
autumn fruits in terms translated as 'apples, pears, peaches...' but
there's no section labelled peaches, but there ARE 2 section labels
translated as apricots...)

Has anyone else looked at this translation and have an opinion about this?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I'm sorry, I can't be the Antichrist for you too. My quota is filled up,
and I can't take any more clients."