[Sca-cooks] lavender

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 17:14:10 PST 2003

I'm just getting back online after having been off at Gulf Wars for a week, so
  I missed the orginal message.
Mirhaxa asked:
 >OBF: Looking at the Miscelany's Barmakiyya recipe, what's lavender like as
 >a cooking herb? I'm feeling doubtful of it as a flavor.
You might find this useful:
lavender-msg      (29K)  5/29/09    Period use of Lavender in food and elsewhere
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/lavender-msg.html

And yes, on Wednesday or Thursday when the rain seemed like it might stay a
while, we were wondering if Gunthar's reign as the Rain King might be passed
on to a successor.

There was a lady there selling lots of period comfits and other period sweets.
She expects to be at Pennsic, too. More details when I do more unpacking.
Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com