[Sca-cooks] Caraway

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Mar 4 08:09:14 PST 2003

If it were caraway seeds, I'd suggest making comfits.

Ground caraway might be used in making "carraway cakes"
which is a version of the seed cakes made in England.
There's an original recipe in A Booke of Sweetmeates
which is included in Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery.
I suspect that there are a number of others in the Elizabethan
literature. I'll do a search later and let you know.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Anne duBosc wrote:
It is unfortunate that the meats have already been selected, because the
first recipe that comes to mind is the ever-popular Cormarye.