[Sca-cooks] Silly idea for A&S exhibit

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 07:52:15 PST 2003

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild
Order of the Pearl
Barony of Bright Hills
Kingdom of Atlantia!

> > Cats like the one on my chest right now?
> > Speaking of herbs, I went looking for dried parsley the other day and
>found
> > I have almost no "normal" or at least normal amounts of herbs and
>spices.
> > Almost everything in whole berry-stick-leaf form or fresh.  Just how
>many
> > cardomon seeds does one actually need?
> > Olwen
>
>Um... I just had to buy some recently, and I was convinced I'd never need
>more cardmom seeds, ever... So, well, the amount you need is 'enough', I
>suppose.
>
>Then again, I bought 3 pounds of black mustard seed and have to go pick it
>up; and about a quart of yellow mustard... because, finally, after a year,
>I'd run out of mustard. It was very strange to run out of mustard seed.
>
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Yeah.  I know.  It's strange for me to run out of marzipan.  I am currently
looking at about, oh, two pounds, if that and wondering if it is enough to
do the soltie project I have in mind for Games and Gilliards this weekend.
Which reminds me...for some reason Yahoo has bounced all my mail from them.
Even personal mail it seems.  I was on the EK cooks list and the Bkhail(sp)
list which are both on yahoo and haven't gotten any messages at all for a
week now and Yaphoo keeps telling me it's me not them with the problem.
Well, anyway, to all you on those lists, well, keep me up to speed if
anything fun, interesting or an arrangement for the cooks meeting up at the
event this weekend.  I shall be wearing my green ribbon.
Olwen