[Sca-cooks] Silly idea for A&S exhibit

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:07:44 PST 2003

>    Be that as it may, I like the tile idea much better. Medieval tiles are
>beautiful and ornate, and it would make for some fantastic display to have
>the tiled floor laid out before the thrones for court (with guards posted
>keep folks from walking on it), then to be given to the assemblage to eat
>afterwards...
>
>Rosine

This would be a very cool idea.  Even those not attending Pennsic could work
on it and send their tiles along.  I think with not much trouble it would be
easy to figure the thickness and size.  The Arms I did in marzipan were
about, oh, maybe 3 / 8 of an inch thick or a little better.  The general
size was about 7 inches by 9 inches or so IIRC.  They dried well, travel
well and hold up to the whole adventure of being dragged or mailed all over
the place.  I think sugarplate in that size would do well also except you
may want to layer it to regulate the drying time so it doesn't crack.  White
gingerbread, or dark for that matter, would do well.  Shortbread wouldn't.
Hey!  Anybody really want to do this?
Olwen, deciding on a pattern...or should we find a documentable one to copy?