[Sca-cooks] OK, I have deputies... now what?

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 00:24:42 PST 2003

Hi Generys:

It can be very difficult to delegate tasks to deputies; but it's easier to
put some thought into it now rather than way until day of to do it.

Have they specified anything that they want to do?  Or are they just putting
themselves at your disposal?

You might put one in charge of scullery - I don't know how you work, but I
find having someone who's in charge of finding on-going wash-up help, if
they're not doing it themselves, to be mighty helpful.

Or pre-chopping all the vegetables; or pre-cooking a dish or two and putting
it in bags and labelling.  I think that if you figure out how the discrete
tasks are going to flow, you'll find that some will naturally suggest
themselves to be handed off.

Berengaria