[[Sca-cooks] OK, I have deputies... now what?]

Marcus Antaya mantaya at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 8 16:31:59 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "LadyWil" <slpatch at mfire.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: [[Sca-cooks] OK, I have deputies... now what?]

> "Generys ferch Ednuyed" <generys at blazemail.com> wrote:
> OK, this is going to sound like an odd question... but two of my friends
> wanted to be my deputies for my next feast. Advice?
> Generys

Well, what I did when I was forced into a couple of deputies at a recent
feast, I had them in charge of recruiting and runaround.

Somehow, I never am able to get everything in advance...there's always a
suprise. So I end up having to leave the kitchen to do it myself. Doesn't
work real well.

And other than the finicky chopping stuff, I have a core of people that all
help each other. Whenever one of us does a feast, the other two are in the
kitchen doing the things that need doing. That way, we all get to be head
indian, but can say things like..."Good, you're here...go make the soup..."
grin

Gyric

P.S. Sorry, went off topic...my point was if those deputies are the kind
that you can trust with things, then just hand them things to do and forget
about them. If not, then as a good learning situation get them to do things
like transcribing your chicken scratch notes and recipies on napkins into
something coherent...(that's why I have a wife...I'm hopeless at that.)
And I never have learned to prep food ahead of time. I'll do it the night
before if I can get into the hall, or just plan to do it all on the day. Not
terribly bright, huh?   grin