[Sca-cooks] Re:poultry was suet & vinegar

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 21:15:21 PST 2003

Yes, I raise medieval breeds of chickens and geese,

Ebdem geese(the big white ones) were developed
sometime in the late 11th century and were a favorite
in the Imperial court, supposedly Charlemagne demanded
that these sorts be kept at all of his manors. Their
white color, large size and stately bearing make them
quite impressive alive or cooked and dressed in their
own skins! There is a lot of valuable fat on a goose,
but this can be removed prior to roasting by
parboiling the bird in water or vinegar.

The chickens I keep are Dorkings, Neiderlanders,
Italianos, Persians, and Jungle Fowl. My apprentice
also keeps Japanese Silkies and Scots Greys.

Any particular question I can answer???

--- johnna holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
wrote:
> Meister Ab Johann von
> Metten, is a poulterer.
>
> He lives in the Midrealm.
>
> e--mail at:  mjloidolt at yahoo.com
>
> He's contributed a lot of articles to
> the Florilegium on the topic.
>
> Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway
>
> Rovena wrote:
> >
> > Yes, Begga Elisabeth does but she may be off-line
> as this is our Gulf
> > Wars week.  I am not sure what day she was going.

> > >  Don't we have a fellow on the list
> > >that raises period chickens, I seem to remember
> that we do.
> > >
> > >Daniel

=====
www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"