[Sca-cooks] suet & vinegar

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 10 06:25:59 PST 2003

> First, please let your friend know that this is not documentation for
> pysanky.

No, but it is documentation for a pysanky-like craft.

I've tried it (with not the greatest success). The keys seem to be to use
an already colored egg or a brown egg (which Plat _doesn't_ specify) and
be very careful in how you remove the suet coating. It's apparently best
for line drawings rather than anything else. If you do large sections, you
get squishy shell there and it just flakes off and looks nasty. So I would
stick with line drawings. However using stronger vinegar than our regular
vinegar will get better results, so if you can get hold of some vinegar
concentrate, you may want to doctor regular vinegar with it to increase
the acidity.

If you're interested in the stuff that I did (sorry, I didn't take
pictures of those eggs because they were yucky, in my opinion):
http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/jadwiga/A&S/eggdyes.html

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/ No longer lend our strength to
that which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/
And we shall lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_