[Sca-cooks] suet & vinegar

Alma Johnson rhiannon at madcelt.com
Mon Mar 10 16:33:16 PST 2003

> > First, please let your friend know that this is not documentation for
> > pysanky.
>
> No, but it is documentation for a pysanky-like craft.

I know this is splitting hairs, but I must disagree.  The only think this
really has in common with pysanky is that eggs are involved.  Otherwise, it
most closely resembles an acid etching project. (In my opinion, of course.)

 However using stronger vinegar than our regular
> vinegar will get better results, so if you can get hold of some vinegar
> concentrate, you may want to doctor regular vinegar with it to increase
> the acidity.

Perhaps wine that has gone to vinegar would color better, as it it more
highly colored that commercial red wine vinegar.  As for the etch it would
produce, longer immersion should make up for weaker acidity if that seems to
be a problem.

> If you're interested in the stuff that I did (sorry, I didn't take
> pictures of those eggs because they were yucky, in my opinion):
> http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/jadwiga/A&S/eggdyes.html

Your site is very nice.  Thanks for sharing it.

Rhiannon