[Sca-cooks] Fw: [EKCooksGuild] wyne greke

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 10 06:37:26 PST 2003

> If I had to guess, I would say retsina which is very definitely "Greek wine"
> and has a very distinct taste.  I didn't locate it in the OED, ut it is an
> extensive entry and the print is fine, so I may have missed it.

Redon, et. al., _The Medieval Kitchen_, specifies a sweet greek wine whose
name I cannot recall for these sorts of recipes. If anyone has the book
handy and could look at the Pears in Wine recipes I think you'll find out
which one is intended...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/ No longer lend our strength to
that which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/
And we shall lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_