[Sca-cooks] suet & vinegar

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 10 06:38:56 PST 2003

> Another problem may be that processed eggs are washed which IIRC removes a
> coating from the eggs.  Farm fresh eggs, i.e. as close to the chicken as
> possible, might produce better results.  Don't we have a fellow on the list
> that raises period chickens, I seem to remember that we do.

The technique works with lard, though a bit oddly, so I suspect the
problem is our modern suet, which melts a bit too easily-- lard also melts
too easily to make it simple to do this process.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/ No longer lend our strength to
that which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/
And we shall lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_