[Sca-cooks] Cast iron rust

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Mon Mar 10 09:01:00 PST 2003

Came across a similar problem.. while helping a friend clean her apartmen,
we found her cast iron skillet... it was almost completely orange.

long way to do it....  SOS pads, boatload of elbow grease, and reseason.
That friend gave me the skillet. it's now sitting in my mother's
kitchen...shiny and black and good to go.

Or you can cheat and get a wire brush attachment for a drill, strip the rust
off and start from square one all over again.