[Sca-cooks] Prehistoric Cooking Review

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 11:14:03 PST 2003

I actually read a great book on food anthropology once that made a pretty
conclusive case for linking porridge (Bronze Age) v. bread with the limits of
the spread of Roman settlement.  The author cited a number of digs in the
British Isles and Scandinavia.

I wish I could remember the author...an idiotic ex-boyfriend (he doesn't have
a Hotmail account ;-)) decided to toss out a stack of papers I'd been working
with when I was out grocery shopping once, and tossed the book.  :-/

Berengaria