[Sca-cooks] OK, I have deputies... now what?

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:10:10 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Nostrand" <nostrand at deMoivre.org>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] OK, I have deputies... now what?

| Noble Cousin!
|
| Greetings from Solveig! First, you can have a "test feast" where the three
| of you make everything and decide how to set up the division of labour the
| day of the event. Also, you can appoint one of them your "drop dead
deputy"
| who will actually cook the feast if you can not make it to the event. This
| person should know all of that stuff that is currently in your head, but
| maybe not on paper. You didn't say anything in your note about what is
| going on the day of the event. How many people are going to be serverd?
| How many meals are you preparing? How many courses? What kind of
preparation
| has to be done before the event? (e.g., baking trenchers.) What kind of
| preparation has to take place during the event itself before cooking and
| assembly? Do you already have someone in charge of ongoing cleanup during
| cooking?
| --

Well, since we're determining the menu this evening, not sure about the prep
work yet... hmm, it *would* be such fun to do trenchers though... :-) At any
rate, the idea as far as the ongoing cleanup is actually quite a good one -
I have another person who has already agreed to be in charge of the
"after-feast" cleanup brigade (lol - shows my priorities - this is always
the first thing I establish after it's decided I'll do a feast), but...
Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions everyone!!!

Generys

| Your Humble Servant
| Solveig Throndardottir
| Amateur Scholar

| | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS   |
| | deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est       |
| | mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu       |