[Sca-cooks] Quail eggs ( was: no subject)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Mar 12 08:52:12 PST 2003

There is a Greek myth about Philomena, who was indeed raped (seduced,
tricked, whatever) by her sister's husband, who cut out her tongue so she
couldn't tell. She wove a tapestry telling her story, and sent it to her
sister. The sisters escaped from the evil husband but he caught up with
them, and so they prayed to the gods for help. Procne (the sister) was
turned into a nightingale, Philomena was turned into a swallow (some
versions have sparrow) who can twitter but cannot sing. The evil husband
was turned into another sort of bird.

Margaret