[Sca-cooks] wine

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Mar 16 16:35:04 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> I had forwarded the post on Wal-Mart wine to a friend of mine who
> pointed out this website to me.
>
> http://www.tcsn.net/rags/bum/

I was amazed. I'd tried all the ones mentioned at one time or another, but
they missed on the nastiest wine of all time, one I discovered in Florida
called "Blackjack" because it was 21% alcohol. In my opinion, you needed to
be drunk before you could stand the first taste- it was made from oranges,
and NASTY doesn't cover it. Bleaghhhhhhh.

> Apparently, E&J Gallo has a quite history of cheap wines.

Uh, yeah ;-) That's what I had said. Actually, in the 70s, they made some
really nasty wines, but many of their wines were decent- not something one
would serve at a formal dinner, but definitely something you might serve
with a family spaghetti dinner, or a backyard barbecue. As I said, though,
they decided to go upscale, and for the most part priced themselves beyond
their quality.

 I double
> checked the information with another source, and found that Thunderbird
> was listed as being one of their wines.

Didn't surprise me- I think they actually used to admit it, too. I was
amused at some of the other products they made for drunks only- Boone's
Farm, and those wine coolers.

> http://eat.epicurious.com/dictionary/wine/index.ssf?DEF_ID=1035&ISWINE=T
>

> Ciar

Their history on Mad Dog was a bit off- it used to be marketed as Mogen
David 20/20, but all the winos started calling it Mad Dog, so apparently
they changed the name  to MD 20/20.

Phlip, who has had a few adventures, time and again ;-)

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,