[Sca-cooks] Dayboard portions, redux

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 17 19:51:24 PST 2003

On 17 Mar 2003, at 14:15, a5foil wrote:

> It depends on what you're serving. Four to six ounces of meat total (a
> generous lunch portion) would be 2 to 3 ounces each of two or three
> different meats, and it will generally average out. But the last time I did
> soup, I had both fish and bean, and I ended up needing about 2/3 of a full
> serving per person of each one.
>
> Aelfwynn

At this point, to feed 400 people, I have planned:
25 pounds of Danish meatballs (beef)
25 pounds of pork sausages
80 pounds of roasted chicken thighs
15 doz. hard-boiled eggs
15 pounds cheddar cheese
15 pounds Monterey Jack cheese
24 pounds savoury toasted cheese

Plus the usual bread, beverages, fruit, spreads, sauces, and veggies.
Considering the change in the weather, I've decided against hot soup, but I
may make a small quantity of a bean dish for any vegans attending.

That's about 8 oz. of protein per person, but there will be a lot of hungry
fighters, and the attendence may go over 400.  Mudthaw is a popular event,
and this one will be a RP.  I'm used to the security of planning a feast, when
I know exactly how many people I'm cooking for, and don't have to worry
about anyone going hungry.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net