[Sca-cooks] OOP - curries

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 18 09:50:03 PST 2003

It comes from the fact that the tola is the weight of the silver rupee and
that the ten tola bar is the standard for an individual transporting gold,
points I commented on in an earlier message.  I originally learned about
tolas as part of a misspent youth.

BTW, one tola bars are sold in the US as gold jewelry, so a jeweler's supply
might have a weight equivalent if any of us want to try weighing spices on a
balance.

Bear