[Sca-cooks] Sorry for the bandwith

Ana L Valdés agora at algonet.se
Thu Mar 20 06:48:16 PST 2003

But I really think SCA should be an important forum for discussing Middle East. SCA recreates the Middle Ages and the Croisades were Middle Ages biggest "event", a search for a new identity, an encounter between East and West, between the heirs of Greece and Rom and the new Barbarian tribes who went assmilated.
How much of food and lifestyle from the Middle East come in i Europe through the Croisades? The "event" who started as a military confrontation and a war transformed the world into the world we have today.
I heard in the Middle East conflict today and in the war against Irak very much of the tones of the worst part of the Croisades but nothing of the surprise and the delight who met the Crossfarers when they discovered a civilization and a people who was different to their own, but who was willing to share and to partage their knowledge.
I wish very much tha the SCA recreated the Middle Ages as an age of meeting, exploration and encounter and not as an age of conquest and plunder.

Ana, idealistic